Professional Development Courses
Kyi Rehabilitation clinicians provide professional development courses throughout the year. Please check our Courses page for upcoming education and training courses.
Min intends to re-start his educational seminars in 2022/2023, opening up opportunities for clinicians to upgrade their research-based skillset in Functional Capacity Evaluation and Functional Cognition. If you would like to be the first to hear about upcoming courses, please sign up for our newsletter or contact our office.
Min Trevor Kyi has been an educator for nearly three decades. He was the first non-physician recipient of UBC’s Faculty of Medicine Clinical Teaching Award and has received his 20-year Faculty of Medicine plaque for long term service. Min taught for Roy Matheson and Associates, at both the International Certification Program and the Advanced FCE levels, throughout his career. He received entirely 5/5 review ratings for his Advanced FCE courses, from over 200 respondents. He has taught in the fields of Functional Capacity Evaluation, Brain Injury, and Ergonomics throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, and Asia. He has been a keynote speaker for various university, disability, and legal conferences, presenting to thousands of delegates across the country.
Some of Min’s notable teaching and training engagements include:
- University of British Columbia OSOT 545 Ergonomics
- University of British Columbia RSOT 436 Vocational Rehabilitation
- University of British Columbia Capstone Conference
- Matheson Industrial Residency and Certification Program (CWCE)
- Matheson Advanced FCE Program – Masters Series
- Brain Injury and Fatigue Webinar
- The Best Defence Legal Conference
- Disability Days, Disability Conference
- Building a Content-Centred Expert Practice
- Functional Ability Evaluations (FAEs)
- Functional Baseline and Repeat Testing: Maintaining Ability over Time
- Dr. Leonard Matheson’s Clinical Research Consortium for Brain Injury
He has been recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of Functional Capacity Evaluation by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), the American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT), and College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).