What you should know about your evaluation
Your evaluation is typically a one-day assessment which is scheduled from 8:30 am to approximately 5:00 pm, unless otherwise indicated by your legal counsel. It is very important that you arrive on time. Billing commences 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
Please do not schedule anything the next morning as you may also be asked to attend for a short follow-up the morning after your full-day FCE. If your evaluation requires a full second day, you will be notified ahead of time.
Time will be taken early in your testing day to explain the format of your evaluation. Regular breaks will be provided throughout the day. The intention of FCE testing is to work with you to more clearly and accurately document your functional abilities and specific limitations related to your injury.
• Time of Assessment: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (the assessment must start on time in order to proceed, due to the lengthy nature of testing).
• Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes that are comfortable to walk in (for example running shoes). Bring shorts if you have a knee/ankle injury, bring adaptive aids you are currently using such as any splints/braces.
• Please do not change your medication regimen prior to your evaluation.
• No caffeine or cigarettes one hour prior.
• You may wish to have a friend or family member drop you off. However, they will not be able to stay with you for the entire assessment.
Our clinic is centrally located in Vancouver at 1755 West Broadway. Clinic facilities are fully wheelchair accessible, with elevator access to the fourth floor (Suite 405) from the main entrance.
There is a parking lot under our building (Denny’s Bar One). The cost is $14.00 all day. The lot is accessed via the lane behind our building, between 8th Avenue and Broadway and between Burrard and Pine Street. Park in any spot on the ground floor marked with the yellow public parking sign. Note: Payment is by credit card only.
Transit access is available via the #99 Broadway B-Line (Express) bus, which stops nearby at Granville street, or via the #9, which stops directly in front of the clinic. Both these buses are accessible from the Commercial Street Sky Train station. Please note that ongoing Skytrain construction may make your commute time longer, and schedule accordingly.
Coffee or tea will be provided at morning and afternoon breaks. Please do not drink any caffeine prior to your arrival. There are many restaurants nearby for during your lunch break. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch.
If you have questions about your assessment, please do not hesitate to contact us.